Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Earthland Realms - As seen on The Simpsons! :: Forums :: Anything Else... :: General Talk

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
the wiki page from the Dumbass Thread! and the Mike is there too, it's Mike Hunt!
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Monty Burns
Author Post
Doorin
Sat Mar 01 2008, 04:51PM
Registered Member #12927
i mean man y would anybody wanna no about those stupid words i mean we could've figured them out our selves if we wanted to i mean come on man
Homer Simpson
Sat Mar 01 2008, 06:44PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... burn.
Ethan Silver
Sat Mar 01 2008, 09:53PM
Registered Member #14889
You all know what these words are, you have all seen them before, so what's one more time? :-P

Kumquat. Now THAT's a sick word... That, and moist. There's something about how "moist" comes out when you say it that sounds really dirty... >_>

Go ahead and swear your head off. Notice how pretty much every swear word is one syllable and involves harsh sounds ("k"s and "r"s mostly) Nice, quick, abrupt expression of miscontentment. But now say "moist." Go on, stand up and say it proudly. "Moist!" Did that make you feel dirty inside? Admit it, it feels like you've broken some kind of taboo - but which?

That's the problem with "moist." It sounds wrong. It sounds like something sexual, or maybe bacterial. Whatever it is, it just comes out wrong. But it is in common usage nevertheless!

I say we need to ban "moist" from the english vocabulary. People go around saying this filty word all day long and never even stop to think just how sick it really sounds and what kinds of images it evokes. Meanwhile, we shy away from innocent words like "crap", "damn", or even the all-mighty f-word, "fungus." What gives? What have those words ever done to us? They don't sound wrong, they come out almost like some kind of onomatopea. But "moist"? Wrong. It's just wrong!

Help me, my fellow Earthland Realmsians, in ridding the english language of this nasty word once and for all. :-(

[ Edited Sat Mar 01 2008, 10:01PM ]
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF