Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Earthland Realms - As seen on The Simpsons! :: Forums :: Earthland Realms :: Game Making Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Ok .. Time to get REALLY sirious!
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Monty Burns
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Vermeers
Wed Apr 09 2008, 05:26AM
Registered Member #15653
As one of the newest spammers on this forum ive been scrolling true olmost evry post that had a intresting topic.. As far as ive seen there are TONS of threats with people saying : Il create the game .. So far, we have a Text based one wich is good .. But my hopes in seeing a 2D or 3D Earthland Realms are Very low atm.. So i'm deciding to create the game myself,
In my younger years i created a couple of 2d Zelde/Pokémon (on gameboy) like games and I created 1 fully 3D game. I'm willing to blow off the dust from those skills and Actualy put in some work in finding a descent program to create "Earthland Realms".. Better rename it thou for Copyright Reasons.

For this i could use some people who are actualy intrested and willing to help me with some of the work. but i really mean help and not stop helping after 5 days. Cause creating a game takes patience and teamwork!

What i need to create a game :

-World Designer
-Model Designer
-Scripter ( This is the part where i have the most problems )
-Someone to create Sprites.

.. If i can't find enough people or the right programs, i might go over to 2D version of the game or maby even a Cartoon version and just Draw evrything myself. (No, i can't draw simpson cartoons but i can draw to go towards them.. I don't wane break any Copyright law doing this! )

.. Well youl see, if there's no intrest at all i just won't do a thing and its up to others to actualy take a step..

[ Edited Wed Apr 09 2008, 08:43AM ]
Vermeers
Wed Apr 09 2008, 08:30AM
Registered Member #15653
I know the reply's on people that want to help me will be low cause olmost evryone gave up on the tought of ER rly been made .. but i haven't really, evrything can happen. So i started exploring and brainstorming with myself. So i came to the point that the first things we need to actualy create this game is:

1. A Crew
2. A Program to create the game
3. A Story.

These are according to me the basic's we need. So:

1.A Crew we have.. But its only myself at this moment.
2.I searched on the web a little to find some programs and came up with a list of URL's that go towards a Programm for MMORPGS.
*http://www.byond.com
*http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/index.htm
*http://lroa.sourceforge.net
*http://aegisknight.org/sphere ( Oldest Engine.. for Console style games like FF, old versions :) )
3. For a story, ive been thinking a little and i'm gone start writing soon, What i had in mind was this ( just basics )
- Only Human Race.
- 2 Spawnplaces. ( So 2 races inside Human Race )
- A startworld where you go to lvl 6.
- Then the normal world.
- Somthing till around 30. Nothing special yet, no mounts.. Just walking and running ( We can always expand the game if it really works out, never think to far ahead in the start )

Somthing like that. I have another idea for Human models 2,
Why don't we just look for a Freeware Human Model that we can Manipulate and create our own items for?

I'm just trowing idea's here .. All the help is welcome, but i won't stop going on with this unless i really see its impossible for me to do alone.

[ Edited Thu Apr 10 2008, 05:20AM ]
Homer Simpson
Thu Apr 10 2008, 03:32AM
I can't do any programming, sorry. But keep it named Earthland Realms please, otherwise we wont host it.
Vermeers
Thu Apr 10 2008, 03:35AM
Registered Member #15653
Thats alright :) Aslong as i don't have any issues with the copyright law id on't mind. But then .. Its hard to do all this alone, Do you wane help with somthing ? And where are all the guys that know about programming ? .. Cause i really wane get this thing going! Gone start writing the story today and gone post the start later this week.
Homer Simpson
Thu Apr 10 2008, 05:17AM
You wouldn't... if anyone it would be the webmaster, Monty Burns, but I think we would be alright. If we do get to go to court, I would get a free plane trip to America :P

But anyway, I fixed your links, they didn't work before.
Homer Simpson
Thu Apr 10 2008, 05:23AM
Also, you could possibly make the signup/terms and conditions and tutorials like they are in the show (with a wizard next to them) except without the "credit card info is sold to Korean gangsters" because someone would take it seriously and sue us.
Homer Simpson
Thu Apr 10 2008, 05:31AM
I could possibly try that "gamestudio" program. Is it easy to use?

I could also create a storyline.
Vermeers
Thu Apr 10 2008, 05:43AM
Registered Member #15653
Well about the program, its not really easy but if your willing to learn its Ok. I made my first 3D game with that program .. with the A6 engine, and i'm strongly thinking about buying a legal copy of the A7, cause those envoirements are quite nice. I'm can create worlds and stuff ok, that no problem for me.. Models i'm having more dificulty and the scripting .. NP for me to learn C-Lite. I love scripting as my dream is to become a Webprogrammer.

We could create the storyline toghether. I got some idea's 2.

For example, we create "cartoon figures" so not to detailed ( = less work to model ) and we make them yellow, to go towards the simpsons, I just need some hero names if we wane create some legend and background in the story. We can create our own fantasy world and it doesn't have to have anything in commen with the real world ( Like World of Warcraft ) .. Just let me know :)
Homer Simpson
Thu Apr 10 2008, 06:22AM
Yep! Yep! I will create a thread of names. I'll pin it too.
Vermeers
Thu Apr 10 2008, 06:47AM
Registered Member #15653
Nice, just make a Threath where evryone can trow there idea's at and we will choose wich ones to use and write our story :) Then we can start with the development.. BTW, you gots msn ? otherwise PM it to me and ill add you when i'm home :)
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF