Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Earthland Realms - As seen on The Simpsons! :: Forums :: Anything Else... :: General Talk

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
The House On Maple Street (story I wrote)
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Monty Burns
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Homer Simpson
Wed Jun 11 2008, 09:00AM
This is a small story I wrote for a quick English assignment at school. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------

The House On Maple Street

Maple Street in London is known for its gloomy neighbourhood. All the houses are wrecked, with dead trees and rubbish scattered everywhere. The present time is 8:07pm, 5th of December, 1884.

Harold Tremmers is a 62-year-old antisocial freak who lives on number 24. He never leaves his house in fear that “they will get him”. No one understands him though. In the pouring, freezing, rain, Harold was born on the side of a road, with just his mother and her friend. He never met his dad. At school he never fit in with the other kids. Through all his spare time Harold studied engineering, physics and many other subjects that were helpful for making engines. When he had finished his engineering courses he got a job. But not too much used engines in the 1800’s, so he soon went out of business. He ran to his house, locked all the doors, shut the windows, closed the curtains and never came out again. Harold Tremmers is a grumpy and confused old man. His hair is grey, messy and quite thick, and his mouth looks like a bulldogs mouth. Through all his time, he had been working on a super-powered engine to attach to his house. He even made the attic the control room for his invention.

He was fitting engines and gadgets into his house so he could get away from “the others”. He was planning to fly to the moon, but he couldn’t leave his house until he was there. Soon Harold had finally finished and he was ready for take-off. The maniac pulled some levers and pressed some buttons. It was 11:19pm and engines started… and they got louder and louder. At 11:56, neighbours felt the rumbling in the floor and they all rushed to their telescopes to see what was happening without leaving. At exactly 12:00, the house shot up into the air, then struggled and fell down a bit. The poorly built engines soon kicked in and he started to fly. A sound came from the man’s mouth, it was the first time he used his vocal chords in years. It was a perfect lift-off!

He was in space soon, and he felt safe enough to open the curtains. He pressed his ugly, wrinkly face against the dusty window. He had done it - he had escaped! He couldn’t wait to get to the dark, empty, freezing moon. Days past and the man pulled a hideous smile…for once. He opened his year-old celebration “cereal” into a dirty bowl and ate it. It tasted disgusting as it wasn’t even cereal, but he didn’t care because he was happy his insane plan worked.

After another week, he landed on the lonely planet. He decided to wear a special suit and helmet so his face wouldn’t explode. He unlocked all the doors and windows, and jumped out onto the empty planet. He jumped around on the rocky ground, getting higher and higher. It was so fun. He was having the time of his old, old, life. But soon he went too far and was sucked out of the ground. He swerved around and saw he was slowly drawing closer and closer to the sun. Every minute it became hotter, and a bit more sweat emerged from his forehead. His crappy life flashed through his mind, but was suddenly interrupted when he was frying next to the planet. Ahh-

“Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!”
It was just a dream. He got up out of bed, turned on the light and got breakfast. He decided to finally take one step outside, and start a new life. He found it weird when he saw Mars.

[ Edited Wed Jun 11 2008, 09:05AM ]
simpsonsfreak
Wed Jun 11 2008, 12:26PM
Haha, kewlio.
gerard
Thu Jun 12 2008, 06:42PM
Registered Member #13419
wow jolly good story
Homer Simpson
Fri Jun 13 2008, 09:46AM
Pretty out of it, eh.
simpsonsfreak
Fri Jun 13 2008, 01:52PM
Uhmm, what do you mean by "out of it"? Like crazy stupid, or something?

w00tagenous, the NES I bought on ebay came today!! YAY!!!!

[ Edited Fri Jun 13 2008, 01:53PM ]
Homer Simpson
Sat Jun 14 2008, 09:56AM
Stop buying video games and save up for something good.
simpsonsfreak
Sat Jun 14 2008, 02:15PM
Like? I already have a car. and I already have a girlfriend, so I don't need to buy a hooker neither. BUT anyways, NES's are hella sick, and I'm bidding on one of those Colecovisions, it's pretty cool.
Homer Simpson
Sun Jun 15 2008, 01:03AM
Soon when you're thirty and you finally decide to move out of your mother's basement, you will realise you need to pay taxes and bills.
simpsonsfreak
Sun Jun 15 2008, 02:32PM
Taxes?? WTF are those?!?!
Homer Simpson
Mon Jun 16 2008, 08:07AM
Are you being serious?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF