Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Earthland Realms - As seen on The Simpsons! :: Forums :: Earthland Realms the Game :: Earthland Realms the Game

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
The longest post on this website... with a meaning.
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Monty Burns
Author Post
Homer Simpson
Mon Jul 14 2008, 09:00AM
Moshi Moshi (ize on telafone)

WARNING: LOTS OF TEXT, MAY HURT SIMPSONSFREAKS ALBINO EYES.

It has come to this admins attention that this site totally sucks. No, it's not that it sucks, it's the community. The only current posters are myself, simpsonsfreak, Lucas and occasionally Monty Burns. And they are also the only people reading this. I truely think that if our buddy Monty can afford to advertise this site, if he can afford to buy prizes. (I would try to help pay, if I were over 18 which I am not.) Anyway, I think we should advertise this on such sites as MySpace, RuneScape, and such other websites. Now, we don't like being 'greedy', but this would definitely add traffic. Traffic means more members, a bigger job for admins (for once lol I'll regret this), and of course, a few more golden pennies.

Here is a piece of crap FAQ for our three (count 'em, three!) viewers.

Why? Wow, you're even dumber than you look. I basically described it in the previoud paragraph. Traffic is what keeps sites alive (and of course, paying the bills). Without traffic, why bother keeping a website? Now, to Monty if he is reading this, I'm not saying to shut down the website or anything, but the game is the only reasonably popular thing on this domain (the forums are never used; etc.)

What should we do? Well, I have a rather good idea. I am seriously thinking about stopping spam from our three members (including me, I do it to) and cleaning up this website. The layout is very uncreative (no offense, Monty), and the images claim to be from World of Warcraft. Monty, please keep note of this part especially.

teckst bast games ar stooped you"ll neva make munny from this!!!!111one11111 I agree, anonymus poster, the only popular games that are "teckst bast" are HoboWars and that gang, Mafia one.. but right now we must be happy with what we have got.

wat r mods or admens and wat do they do and do they get payed n d- Another epic speech from our John Doe. Admins are people who control the website. There are none in the games currently. I am the only other admin that still comes on this website, and I don't get paid, but I don't care. (this was a true post, I just edited it to make it look more n00bish)

That's about it from Homer. But honestly, I think these are important issues.
Monty Burns
Mon Jul 14 2008, 12:39PM

Registered Member #1
I know the forum has been slow lately. Most people who play the game don't notice the forum link.

I have been thinking of advertising the game on game sites and text based game sites. There is always free advertising on other forums telling them what a great game/forum/community this is.

The current forum website and layout could be better. This is what was running when I took over the site. I believe this could be replaced with PHPBB3, it's currently running e107 which I don't like all that much.

I could send everyone on the game a message letting them know about the forum.

Where are john does posts?

[ Edited Mon Jul 14 2008, 02:05PM ]
simpsonsfreak
Mon Jul 14 2008, 08:27PM
Well, I totally agree with you Homer. I'll stop spamming. Well, I can get SOME advertisement, I'm sure. But really, do you think that MySpace players would actually go to Earthland Realms? Honestly? Now, Homer, it sounds like you're quitting or something, and if you're thinking about that, please, don't. That would be a terrible mess, I mean, who am I supposed to post with? Lucas? Lol, yeah right. Okay.... Now.... What should I do? Do I need to do anything special? Do you want me to like, advertise this on other forums, I am a member to quite a few others.

Now, monty, I don't think you should change the forums lay-out, I think it's just fine. Now... Why are there ads for other websites? I think that's kind of weird, I've NEVER, I mean NEVER EVER seen Earthland Realms advertised ANYWHERE. *Sighs* I think this is a pretty damn cool site. I mean, it doesn't get as much tracffic as others, I can advertise it on my site... for free of course, my site doesn't get many views. Now, I could advertise it on You Tube, I think that would get quite some traffic. NOW, I don't think you can do that... I think that anybody who comes to visit this site is only visiting for the games, giving absolutely no contribution to our wonderful forums, and, advertise this website, gets only more traffic to the game.. doing nothing to the forums... Maybe, just maybe, we'll get about 3-4 posts from like.. the First Place winners from the game.... That's about it. The game is what took some of the traffic away from the Forums.

Now, if we didn't actually have the game... just look... I mean, there's tons of members to the game.. if all of those people searched Earthland Realms on a search engine... obviously they all wanted this... But if there were some games, odds are, we get a few more posters... I mean, that's how, I'm sure most of us came to the forums, expecting the games... but then you see the forums and think it's cool enough, and if I stay, i might be able to play first.... BUT, now the game's taking a lot of that traffic. We COULD require each game member to be a member of the Forums BEFORE they can access the game, who kows, it's possible that they could stay to the forums and do both.

I know, I don't make much sense right now, but.... I, too, really agree with Homer's post. It's ridiculous how there are basically 3/4 members of this Forum. But, honestly... It's basically just me and Homer who post..... No disrespect to you Monty, but there just is no posts.... Well, i think that's it for now. So... one question though, you aren't leaving the forums, right Homer?

*EDIT* - I put some more space between my writing, it was kind of hard to read.

[ Edited Mon Jul 14 2008, 08:31PM ]
simpsonsfreak
Mon Jul 14 2008, 08:33PM
Now, Monty, sorry about this double-post, but, can I get permission to Advertise this site? I think I can find a few places.
simpsonsfreak
Mon Jul 14 2008, 09:13PM
I've found one student that wants a job. And another. But mainly, just look around at this great advertisement website. and, the first too links, I think I looked in the wrong sections.

[ Edited Mon Jul 14 2008, 09:15PM ]
Monty Burns
Tue Jul 15 2008, 01:15AM

Registered Member #1
simpsonsfreak wrote ...

Now, Monty, sorry about this double-post, but, can I get permission to Advertise this site? I think I can find a few places.
Of course, feel free to advertise wherever its allowed, forums, forum signatures, etc. And it is allowed on youtube on your own videos.

simpsonsfreak wrote ...

Now... Why are there ads for other websites?
Which ads?

simpsonsfreak wrote ...

I think that's kind of weird, I've NEVER, I mean NEVER EVER seen Earthland Realms advertised ANYWHERE.
There are some links on other websites, not many. People are supposed to post their recruiting links on other websites to get officers, not many have though so far. I'm thinking about making an announcement about this.

simpsonsfreak wrote ...

No disrespect to you Monty, but there just is no posts....
None taken. The only thing I can think of is advertising the game and hoping those people find the forum.

And about changing the forum script from e107 to phpbb2 or phpbb3, this might bring more people to the forum as the 14000 posts in this forum aren't bringing much if any traffic through the search engines. Phpbb should be more search engine optimized.

[ Edited Tue Jul 15 2008, 01:56AM ]
Homer Simpson
Tue Jul 15 2008, 03:49AM
I actually think you should have just looked at the post above your's Monty, apparently some geeks want to make the game for us. If they do it correctly, it will pay off.

We could portal the game (once created) to Miniclip.com. I hear it is how Runescape became famous.

[ Edited Tue Jul 15 2008, 04:03AM ]
Homer Simpson
Tue Jul 15 2008, 03:54AM
Monty Burns wrote ...

Where are john does posts?

Police use the name 'John Doe', or 'Jane Doe' for criminals that have not revealed their names. It is a false ID.
simpsonsfreak
Tue Jul 15 2008, 01:06PM
Homer Simpson wrote ...

I actually think you should have just looked at the post above your's Monty, apparently some geeks want to make the game for us. If they do it correctly, it will pay off.

We could portal the game (once created) to Miniclip.com. I hear it is how Runescape became famous.

Yeah, that's how RuneScape got famous, there was glitch I remember where you could log into one account at the same time, and like control him completely different, that's how I glitched. =P
Monty Burns
Tue Jul 15 2008, 02:11PM

Registered Member #1
Homer Simpson wrote ...

Those links are to people looking for jobs as web designers?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF