Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Earthland Realms - As seen on The Simpsons! :: Forums :: The Simpsons :: The Simpsons

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Simply put, sticking to the existing programs
Moderators: Monty Burns
Author Post
Sunxuemei
Fri Aug 21 2020, 08:56PM
Registered Member #131766

Simply put, sticking to the existing programs we had just would not work for us developers or you as players - the gaps on those larger parts of articles would be far bigger than anyone would love to see. Instead, the team took the initiative and accommodated our strategy to the reduced capacity. What this new strategy does is decrease the opportunity of significant gaps between additive content, with a goal of delivering on a monthly cadence once we can. The team are throwing themselves in this particular challenge and working super hard to make that happen. Honestly, I'm pretty excited about the plans as a participant.

This came across as quite PR"The team are throwing themselves in this challenge". We know things have affected. At the period that Archaeology and PVM hub were getting prepared for launch, there must have been others working on something else since the beginning of the year that many would have expected to be getting ready for release a month or two later archaeology, but there hasn't. Working from house occurred and for me I got next to nothing done for the very first month as a result of technical problems.

However, it got better and by the 3rd month I was back up to full speed, possibly even more effective than working in the office since there wasn't any annoying meetings and beurocracy taking up time. So after 3 weeks of working from home, there's one update almost ready. There's still something incorrect. Some individuals will get it worse than others due to family etc. However, by this stage technical issues must be sorted out. Jagex should be providing employees if this can be a long term thing, to perform their job. When it comes to working from home the games and tech business ought to be among the most suitable sectors.

Adapting the approach to the decreased capacity sounds similar to this daily update item is temporary until you are able to operate from the office again? Or can it be a permanent point to manage workload? What are"present plans"? Before the plans were shelved, it might have been nice to understand that these. Are these openings a 3/6/12 month gaps between? And by changing programs does this imply longer doing huge updates/expansions?

Honestly, I am fine with that if it did seem a little PR'y since they're throwing themselves to be fair. A staff actively look to respond and find opportunity in a situation that impacts production output is quite rare in my experience. It would have been simpler from a development perspective to stay the course and only accept the slower delivery cadence - and lots of teams would pick that choice and throw out the COVID justification.

Talking for this asa witness, pivoting direction is no small endeavor. There is a huge knock on in numerous places - brainstorms upon brainstorms, scoping, reformatting teams, working out the way to make meaningful content on smaller timeframes and so forth. That takes time, work and a lot of coordination - then you have to go perform on it. But the hope is that this is the right way to visit deliver content and prevent big gaps.

More information RuneScape Gold in winrsgold

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF