[ ]
[ ]
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Monty Burns
Author Post
darrkzerow
Mon Sep 24 2007, 05:48AM
Registered Member #4300
A violent alcoholic who was frequently unemployed. Ed and his brother rejected their violent, aimless father, as did Augusta, who treated her husband like a nonentity. Despite her deep contempt for her husband, the atrophic marriage persisted. Divorce was not an option due to the family's religious beliefs. Augusta operated the small family grocery store and eventually purchased a farm on the outskirts of another small town, Plainfield, which became the Gein family's permanent home.
Augusta moved to this desolate location to prevent outsiders from influencing her sons. Gein only left the premises to go to school and Augusta blocked any attempt he made to pursue friendships. Besides school, he spent most of his time doing chores on the farm. Augusta, who was a fanatical Lutheran, drummed into her boys the innate immorality of the world, the evil of drink and the belief that all women (herself excluded) were prostitutes and whores. According to Augusta, the only acceptable form of sex was for biological reproduction/procreation. She reserved time every afternoon to read to them from the Bible, usually selecting graphic verses from the Old Testament dealing with death, murder and divine retribution.
With a slight growth over one eye and an effeminate demeanor, the young Gein became a target for bullies. Classmates and teachers recall other off-putting mannerisms such as seemingly random laughter, as if he were laughing at his own personal joke. Despite his poor social development, he did fairly well in school, particularly in reading and the study of world economics
By the time his father George died in 1940, Henry had begun to reject Augusta's view of the world. He had even taken to bad-mouthing her within earshot of his mortified brother. In March 1944, the brothers found themselves in the middle of a brush fire on property they owned in a neighboring county. When Ed ran to get the police, he told them he had lost sight of Henry, but then led them directly to his brother's corpse. Although there was evidence Henry had suffered blunt trauma to his head, the local county coroner decided he died of asphyxiation while fighting the fire. Gein then lived alone with his mother. Less than two years later, on December 29, 1945, Augusta died from a series of strokes, leaving her grief-stricken son alone on the isolated farmstead.
Did you see "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"? That movie was based off of him.
Homer Simpson
Mon Sep 24 2007, 05:54AM
Really? I've seen both, the old one is better, but I had no idea it was based on him.
Homer Simpson
Mon Sep 24 2007, 05:56AM
Also, have you ever noticed that EVERY person that goes on a rampage ALWAYS has a hard childhood (bullies, mean parents)
darrkzerow
Mon Sep 24 2007, 05:57AM
Registered Member #4300
Yup it was about him.
Homer Simpson
Mon Sep 24 2007, 05:59AM
The second one had 7 people in it though? Anyway, first one I see.
darrkzerow
Mon Sep 24 2007, 06:08AM
Registered Member #4300
The very very first one. Haven't seen it in alooooong time.
Homer Simpson
Mon Sep 24 2007, 06:10AM
Same, yet it was still very violent. YUK!
darrkzerow
Mon Sep 24 2007, 06:11AM
Registered Member #4300
Much. And useing people faces and maskes. What kinda people to think of that. But at least it's something different.
Homer Simpson
Mon Sep 24 2007, 06:19AM
Yeah, also doing the deer slitting on a human!
darrkzerow
Mon Sep 24 2007, 06:23AM
Registered Member #4300
I was talking about the movie. If that was in the movie, I don't remember.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF