Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Earthland Realms - As seen on The Simpsons! :: Forums :: Anything Else... :: General Talk

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
New York, New York
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Monty Burns
Author Post
master shake
Mon Nov 26 2007, 04:33PM
Registered Member #10092
Well the upper part where you can get up into the head of the statue of liberty and look out the windows is closed, I heard, but you can still go out to the island and maybe even go inside it.

I didn't see any gangsters (well besides wannabe gangstas, but they are everywhere in this country), but as soon as we got into the city the first time I went there. While sitting at the toll both a man ran across the street right in front of us chased by two police officers who tackled him right there. That same trip we also saw ~8 year olds playing jump rope at 1 am.

On another trip to the city this lady was just standing on the street quietly, then she suddenly slapped herself in the face and started screaming obscenities and nonsense. No one passing by even seemed to notice.

Oh, and they have these street signs that say "No Standing", having no idea what it meant we parked our car there, it was gone when we came back. Apparently "No Standing" means no parking.
flyvin
Mon Nov 26 2007, 04:43PM
Registered Member #4074
Its gets closed alot, when I went there, they were doing construction. I just walked around outside of it.
Homer Simpson
Tue Nov 27 2007, 01:40AM
master shake wrote ...

Well the upper part where you can get up into the head of the statue of liberty and look out the windows is closed, I heard, but you can still go out to the island and maybe even go inside it.

I didn't see any gangsters (well besides wannabe gangstas, but they are everywhere in this country), but as soon as we got into the city the first time I went there. While sitting at the toll both a man ran across the street right in front of us chased by two police officers who tackled him right there. That same trip we also saw ~8 year olds playing jump rope at 1 am.

On another trip to the city this lady was just standing on the street quietly, then she suddenly slapped herself in the face and started screaming obscenities and nonsense. No one passing by even seemed to notice.

Oh, and they have these street signs that say "No Standing", having no idea what it meant we parked our car there, it was gone when we came back. Apparently "No Standing" means no parking.

My God America seems strange. I've never seen a gangster cause we hardly have any...and your car got towed? How can a car loiter?

[ Edited Tue Nov 27 2007, 05:37AM ]
master shake
Tue Nov 27 2007, 04:00AM
Registered Member #10092
Well its just NYC can be strange, all sorts of different people crammed into a small place. As for the gangsters, it depends what you mean, it can mean rappers, rap fans, street gangs (bloods, crips etc), or organized crime (mafia). As for getting towed, I think we werent really thinking, I mean there were "No Standing" signs every 10 feet. We should have realized it didn't mean loitering, but it was early and my friend was in a hurry to try out for American Idol.

[ Edited Tue Nov 27 2007, 04:03AM ]
Homer Simpson
Tue Nov 27 2007, 05:40AM
LOL. Did he get in?

I meant street gangs, most rappers aren't actually in gangs, but they are pimps and do drugs. And for Mafia... every country has the Mafia.
shabroo7
Tue Nov 27 2007, 06:59AM
Registered Member #1694
not my country

it hs no murders in it

but there is some thevies and i mean car theves or what ever they are no guns....lol
flyvin
Tue Nov 27 2007, 01:37PM
Registered Member #4074
master shake wrote ...

Well its just NYC can be strange, all sorts of different people crammed into a small place. As for the gangsters, it depends what you mean, it can mean rappers, rap fans, street gangs (bloods, crips etc), or organized crime (mafia). As for getting towed, I think we werent really thinking, I mean there were "No Standing" signs every 10 feet. We should have realized it didn't mean loitering, but it was early and my friend was in a hurry to try out for American Idol.

Yeah, NYC is full of crazy people.
Homer Simpson
Wed Nov 28 2007, 12:14AM
Has any of you guys been in like a hold up kinda thing where you got mugged?
flyvin
Wed Nov 28 2007, 06:52PM
Registered Member #4074
no. That dosent really happen as much as they say I think.
Homer Simpson
Thu Nov 29 2007, 12:13AM
Oh... so there isn't many gangsters then? Which state has most gangsters?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF